Sweet Potato, Egg and Avocado Stack
Recipe author: Emily Turnbull
If you are looking for a change from the usual poached or scrambled eggs on toast, this version using sweet potato slices instead of toast is super nutritious and very easy to make.
Pre Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 large sweet potatoes
1 small avocado
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper to season
- Slice the unpeeled sweet potato lengthways into 4 pieces about 2-3mm thick.
- Boil the eggs for 8-9 minutes in a saucepan, depending on how soft you like the centre.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the slices of sweet potato in toaster on the highest setting. Once they’ve popped out, put them back in for another round. The sweet potato should feel soft to touch.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the saucepan and run under cold water for a couple of minutes.
- Peel and slice the eggs into rounds. Peel and slice the avocado into thin slices.
- Put 2 of the sweet potato "toasts” on a plate, top with half of the sliced avocado and sliced egg rounds.
- Season with salt and pepper Repeat for the second serving. Serve with halved cherry tomatoes.
Recipe provided by energisewithemily.com