Warm up from the inside out with this speedy recipe for roast salmon topped with a smoky maple-mustard sauce. The sweetness of the maple balances the tangy mustard and smoked paprika adds another layer of flavour. Ask the fishmonger to cut the salmon into four 100g fillets with the skin removed.
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Per Serving: 148 calories
3 tablespoons whole-grain/Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 100g skinless salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with virgin olive oil.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through, 8 to12 minutes.
- Serve with roasted green beans on a bed of whole-wheat couscous and topped with pecans and chives.