BBQ Chicken Breasts
Time to break out the barbecue and munch your way to health with this sizzling summer dish - especially at only around 300 calories per serving.
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Per Serving: 300 calories
5 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon barbecue smoke seasoning
1 cup barbecue sauce
- To make the rub, place the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and combine with your fingers. Sprinkle the rub over chicken on both sides, rubbing into the meat with your fingers.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish, cover with foil and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- To make the basting mixture, combine oil and smoke seasoning in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange the chicken diagonal to the bars of the BBQ grate, and grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until browned and thoroughly heated.
- Begin basting after the first 2 minutes of cooking, and baste several times.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, smother with barbecue sauce and serve.